The Himachal Pradesh National Law University was established under section 3 of the Himachal Pradesh National University Act.
It is the second NLU after NLU Delhi to have its own entrance test (HPNET).
The exam is to take admission into its undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The aim of the HPNLU is:
To work efficiently and forge the path to be an internationally recognized leader in socially relevant causes and education both in India and Abroad. It also aims to provide academically excellent, time-efficient and cost-effective legal education. The Library at HPNLU consists of books about different and various fields giving ample knowledge and education.
The various programmes offered are:
- A./B.B. A/ B.Com.
- LLB (Hons.)
- PG Diploma Courses
How to get admissions into HPNLU?
It is determined through Himachal Pradesh National Entrance Test (HPNET) conducted by the university and only those students get admission into the university who get good marks in the competitive examination.
The HPNLU is one of the most renowned and famous LAW Colleges in the country and the Admission to this program is purely based on merit!
Eligibility for the course:
For B.A./B.B. A/ B.Com. LLB (Hons.)
- Candidates should have passed 12th (10+2) examination from any recognized board with minimum 50 % (45 % for S.C/S.T. Students).
- Students who have appeared for their H.S.C finals and awaiting results.
- Applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities system directly.
- Candidates should have passed his/her undergraduate i.e. LL.B. Degree (3 years or 5 years) from any recognized University in India or foreign University with minimum 55%
- M. Degree from any recognized University in India or Foreign University with minimum 55% or to qualify through all India Entrance Exam or UGC-NET/JRF/SLET.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/JRF/SLET can directly submit a research proposal.
- Having qualified through entrance test or UGC-NET/JRF/SLET candidate has to submit 'Research Proposal'.
For PG Diploma Courses
- Graduate Degree in Law or other relevant fields from any University recognized in India or Foreign University recognized with a minimum of 50 % marks.